Wednesday, April 6, 2011

April Sensory Bin - Spring has arrived!


We finally broke out our April Sensory/Activity Bin yesterday and I thought I'd share. It's sort of a mix between an Easter and Spring theme. I'll admit I didn't put much planning into this one, but that hasn't seemed to matter to my little guy. He played with this for at least 30 minutes today!

The contents include:
2 bags of split peas (the same base as for our March bin)
A bag of small stones
Some flower beads from a bracelet making kit from Dollar Tree
Easter erasers from Dollar Tree (There are 12 total, 2 each of 6 different designs. I thought that these would be perfect for counting, matching up, and hiding.)
6 plastic eggs
A small shovel 

Outside of the bin there's also a plastic jar (Dollar Tree), a metal bucket (Target $ spot), & I plan to add a pair of tongs later in the month.


This has only been out for two days but so far Dude has:

     

Made egg shakers



Sorted noisy eggs & quiet eggs



Done lots & lots of scooping & pouring



And observed how the smaller peas and rocks fell through the eggs and to the bottom of the jar. (I'm sure we'll be talking about this more another day.)

I can't wait to see what other fun & discoveries come out of this simple bin!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...