Sunday, February 6, 2011

February Sensory Bin - Valentine's Day

D is 31 months.
S is 12 months.

Our very first Sensory/Activity bin!

For a long while now I've intended to make a sensory bin for Dude. But up until now I've resisted because I didn't want to spend money on something that I assumed could only be used for a short while. Well, I finally caught on to the fact that I really didn't have to spend much money and the contents could be reusable. Sooo...this month we have our very first sensory/activity bin!

Looking at this pictures I'm thinking I may have gone a little overboard :)

In it you'll find:
  • Lots of lids (red, pink, white, & clear from our collection)
  • Heart boxes & bracelets (from Dollar Tree) These were the only 2 things I actually purchased for this bin.
  • Straws
  • Red counting links (from Oriental Trading)
  • Red Lacing beads (from Dollar Tree)
  • Red pom-poms
  • A couple of squares of flashy fabric
  • Red number magnets
  • And it's hard to tell in this picture, but the "base" of the bin is actually strings of various lengths cut from a new mop head that we didn't need. Perfect for Vanlentine's day, don't you think?

I intentionally tried to make my bin out of things that both boys could investigate. Not that the contents were in any way safe for someone Spudder's age, but under my close supervision I was confident that he would be safe exploring the contents.

 Well I have to say that so far the boys have LOVED it! Dude has asked for it several times since I first brought it out.



And as intended we're finding various ways to use the contents.
 




I definitely think that the sensory/activity bin is something we'll be doing again! After how fun it was to make, not to mention play with, I'm already getting excited about next months bin!
  

3 comments:

  1. Love that last photo! Strings are a great idea! Thanks for linking up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! I really appreciate the opportunity, ideas, and info!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So much fun!!! You have some great ideas on your blog.

    Love to have you link up to my new link party, For the Kids Fridays!

    http://sunscholars.blogspot.com
    :)rachel

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...