Thursday, March 17, 2011

File Folder Games

We were too busy last week to do our letter of the week activities, but I wanted to share something else I was able to mark off my to-do list. I've been on the hunt recently for some new file folder games to beef up our stash of resources. Dude gets bored easily, so I'm realizing that we need a wide variety of resources to keep him interested and learning. And this trying to pull everything together last minute is getting tough on me, so I'm hoping that having more things ready to go and at my finger tips will take some of the pressure off.

My goal was to find a good variety of things for Dude. My plan is to pull one of these out occasionally, on a tot tray or fit into a weekly theme as appropriate. I think I found some neat things so I thought I'd share the new games as well as some older ones we have in case anyone is on the search for new resources.


Paint Chip Color Sorting
  


This printable came from COAH. Depending on which paint chips you use, it can be used to teach how colors can be different shades. 


Leaf Shadow Match

   

This is from 2 Teaching Mommies.
   
    
Paintbrush Color Match

   

This is also from COAH. This definitely wasn't my favorite puzzle to make due to all the pieces, but Dude loves slipping the paintbrushes into the correct pockets.


Air, Sea, Road, Track Sorting
 
   

This is from Printable Share. I printed it all at 50% of normal size. (I ran each page through the printer twice.)

Shapes Pictures Match
   
 

This is from 1+1+1=1. The object is to match the shapes to the correct examples of everyday objects.


Animal Sorting (farm, ocean, zoo)

  

This is from Homeschool Creations. I think it was meant to be made with the categories velcroed on, but I just glued them down and added the extra blue sheet as pictured above. There are 9 animal pieces for each category, so I'll probably add velcro dots to those to make it somewhat self-correcting.  


Magnifying Glass Animal Match

   

This is from Bible Story Printables. For this one you use a magnifying glass to match up the small pictures on the playing pieces to the larger pictures on the board.


Shamrock Hearts Color Match

   

This one is from File Folder Fun, and it's a tough puzzle! You match up the shamrocks that are the same colors, but in opposite positions. I printed this in "quick print"(draft) mode which I DON'T recommend. Because of the way I printed it some of the shamrocks were just too close in color so I added patterns to a few to help Dude differentiate.

Hope you find this list helpful!

5 comments:

  1. Wow!!! I love so many of these! Fabulous ideas! I'm going to link this post as one of my features this week. Be sure to stop by and grab a button!

    Thanks again for linking up with For the Kids Fridays at Sun Scholars!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love using File Folder Games with my own little ones and my preschool classes. They are such great ways of making learning fun and interesting. I am exicted to print out some of the file folder games you mentioned. It is so fun to see the games all printed out and put together.
    Shauna
    http://myshaenoel.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are great! That must have taken a lot of work putting them all together, but so worth it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They do take some work to put together, but I love being able to pull them out on a moments notice. I also find it easier if I make mine in bunches. I guess I just kinda get on a roll and go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the great ideas! I'm printing them now. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for your comments!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...